Select a position from the left to see full details and apply.
Case Manager - Mental Health
Compensation and Benefits
Physical Demands/Work Environment
This is a school and community-based position in an outpatient mental health program. The Case Manager helps youth and families access community resources, provide psycho-education, and teach skills to support mental health treatment. The position is part of a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with therapists to ensure youth and families success in mental health treatment. Join us at a long-standing and well-respected social service agency, working with youth and families to help them live better lives!
- Provides culturally competent evaluations to identify needs and challenges.
- Maintains current knowledge of community social service and other resources in North County.
- Connects youth to community resources and works with parents to access and utilize available supports to promote their child's success in therapy.
- Provides ongoing case management services via school, home visits and community settings, during the day and early evening. Collaborates with clinicians and parent partners to implement Treatment Plans.
- Works with youth to build skills that promote their mental health (these include social skills, coping skills, anger management, study skills, job searching skills, and other life skills).
- Provides psycho-educational groups and support to youth and families.
- Completes clinical documentation as required by Medi-Cal and Behavioral Health Services contract.
- Meets billing productivity standards as determined by the contract.
- Performs outreach activities within the school district and community as designated in county contract objectives.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
BA required but may consider candidate without BA if you have two years of community-based social service or case management experience. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus. Knowledge of North County resources preferred. Training in CCBH (Anasazi) preferred but not required. Must possess excellent oral and written skills; work well autonomously and with multiple people/disciplines. Must possess the ability to make sound decisions independently. Must be computer literate. Must pass required background checks. Must have reliable transportation and relevant auto insurance, plus a clean driving record.
Your well-being matters at North County Lifeline!
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy.
Salary commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed primarily in a climate controlled, indoor environment and may involve prolonged period of work at a computer terminal. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to the schools and multiple work sites. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
40 hours, non-exempt position
M-F ( may include some evenings)